Friday 28 June 2013

Ela sews and doesn't sleep

Do you know this situation, where you are so excited about a new sewing project that you can't sleep? I am in this situation for the last six month - and I am just excited about sewing and quilting in general!

Usually, I need my 8 hours of sleep, but not on the weekend. Then I am wide awake and you can find me already at 6 am sitting on my sewing machine. And that after only 5 hours of sleep, because I just wanted to finish that little seam the night before.

Sewing is the first thing I think about when I wake up, it is the thing I am dreaming and talking about. Imagine my poor boyfriend.

During the week now, I try to stop sewing or doing anything sewing related (blog, flickr, pinterest) one hour before I go to bed - just to come down from my sewing high :)

Do you know these feelings? Can you actually become addicted to sewing?  

I think I might be...

2 comments:

  1. I was like that a few weeks ago, when I was making my swimsuit. I was so excited about making it that I was thinking about it when I went to bed, and couldn't sleep! My boyfriend also banned me from reading sewing blogs just before bedtime because they got me too excited! It's calmed down a bit now though! Although I do still spend most of my time at work thinking about sewing, and wishing I could be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still like that :) even after 8 month of sewing. But everytime I start a new project I can't stop thinking about it. I hope I will calm dowm soon as well. And I also think about sewing at work, although I try not too. So difficult!

      Delete

Related posts

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...