Wednesday 26 June 2013

Look, what the postman brought...

Are you taking part in the Hawthorne sew-along from Colette pattern?

I am :)

I thought quite a bit about it and I am still not sure, if I will be able to finish the dress in time for the contest, but at least I will try! It might prove interesting to work under a deadline.

And just in time for the sew-along to start, I got my pattern today. At a first glance, I was a little shocked after discovering that you have to cut the skirt on the bias - I have never cut anything on the bias! So, I hope that will go well.

My Hawthorne pattern :)

I am going to make view B, but with the sleeves from view A - I hope. As for the fabric, I am not sure yet. I do have a linen and some cotton lawn in my stash. But as for the linen, it is medium weight and so I am not sure if that will be right for the pattern as the instructions state light weight linen. As for the lawn - I do not have enough!

Did you also get the e-mail from Colette with the first instructions? Fabric choice and muslin? Are you going to make a muslin or are you cutting directly into your fashion fabric?

I will definitively sew a muslin, because out of the envelope patterns never fit me. So far, I traced the front and back bodice - size 0 as I go after my high bust measurement - and made some adjustment on the tissue:
  • I moved my back shoulder seam forward to fit my sloping shoulders 
  • I graded the pattern up to size 4 towards the waist and made the front dart a little bit smaller to add even more ease to the waist
I might have to do a SBA, but that I will see on the actual muslin.

Have you started yet? Have you decided on your fabric?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related posts

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...